North Idaho AIDS Coalition (NIAC)
World AIDS Day 2020
Tuesday, December 1st
Please Help NIAC End HIV Stigma
and Continue our Work at Ending the AIDS Epidemic by supporting our World AIDS Day fundraiser and giving a $25.00 donation.
Join our High-Tea, World AIDS Day Fundraiser on December 1st at 5:30pm (PST).
Steps to Join the High Tea and Conversation around ending HIV stigma.
(1) Click onto the "Donate" button
(2) Choose $25.00 donation
(3) Add your email address in the “notes” section
(4) In the comments section add “High-Tea.”
(5) Once Theresa receives your email address, your seat at the conversation will be reserved.
(6) You will be sent a Zoom invitation, to your email, from theresa@northidahoaidscoalition
(7) This will reserve your seat and a pastry box filled with tea, cookies, and an AIDS Red Ribbon
(8) You can pick-up your pastry box at 2201 N. Government Way, Suite E, CDA, ID 83814
(9) For more information, please call 208-665-1448
What is HIV Stigma?
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),
"HIV stigma is negative attitudes and beliefs about people with HIV.
It is the prejudice that comes with labeling an individual as part of a group that is believed to be socially unacceptable."
Here are a few examples:
Believing that only certain groups of people can get HIV.
Making moral judgments about people who take steps to prevent HIV transmission.
Feeling that people deserve to get HIV because of their choices.
Please Join NIAC and have a conversation around ending HIV Stigma NOW!